To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] a/d converters

on 5/30/06 9:04 PM US/Central, Richard L. Hess at arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

we are looking for a superior a/d converter compatible with a carddeluxe
sound card that is compliant to the iasa specs.  are there any
recommendations out there?

Not exactly on topic, but since others have mentioned high-end a/d
converters, I would point out that the Prism AD-2 can simultaneously output
two different sample rates, each with different wordlength and noise
shaping.

This can be highly desirable when you want a 24/96 stream as well as 16/44.1
stream for making CDRs. You will need more than one workstation to capture
them, however. It can save time, and provide extremely high quality audio
for each destination format - simultaneously.

The Prism has very low noise and distortion specifications.

---
Parker Dinkins
MasterDigital Corporation
CD Mastering + Audio Restoration
http://masterdigital.com

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.0/352 - Release Date: 5/30/2006