Re: [ARSCLIST] a/d converters

At 03:40 PM 5/30/2006, you wrote:
hello all,
we are looking for a superior a/d converter compatible with a carddeluxe sound
card that is compliant to the iasa specs.  are there any recommendations out
there?
thanks,
mark

Mark,

Why do you want an external A-D converter for the CardDeluxe? It is one of the better A/D converters out there.

I know IASA says use an external converter, but in modern computers all the noise inside the box is so far out of the audio band it doesn't degrade the audio. We're not talking SoundBlaster here.

Tom Fine can speak directly to the goodness of the CardDeluxe as he uses one in his transfer business. I use RME Multifaces as I wanted the additional channels (I actually have two), but the CardDeluxe was high on my list.

Another internal card that doesn't, on the face of things, meet the IASA specs are the Lynx One and especially the Lynx Two. The Lynx Two is perhaps one of the finest converters around.

While I can understand why the IASA specs were written and except for these three cards, I would agree with them. But, a better use for the money would be for something else more closely related to playback quality.

The CardDeluxe can go to 96/24 I don't think it does 192 even as just a digital in card.

Cheers,

Richard