Re: [ARSCLIST] National Recording Preservation Board (NRPB) Study

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
> I am not done reading this stuff,but I can easily imagine  800,000 or more
unique 78 sides,taking into consideration,local,and folkloric records,from
all countries, speeches,etc. .Having just read,the other thread about
how,the historic reissue business in the UK (Where most historic
reissues,especially of classical music, came from.)had been shut down,by
copyright laws,I can see the 78s, being even more imprtant.Roger Kulp
> Steven Smolian <smolians@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Take a look at the copyright
study Tim Brooks and I did for the CLIR.
> 80,000 is a way-under number.

80,000 sides is (are?) ONLY the extent of my personal accumulation! I would
guess, on a give-or-take basis, that there were a total of three million
distinct 78rpm records issued (many, if not most, of which were of
negligible
musical/historic value) during the 1889-1960 lifespan of the format in North
America...?!