Re: [ARSCLIST] Johnnie & George "Be Mir Bist Du Schoen" on 78

Can anyone on this list (Steven perhaps or Roger) tell me if they know of the existence of a 78 recording by an African-American singing duo called Johnnie & George? As legend has it Sammy Cahn was attending a show at the Apollo
Theatre in 1937 and these guys sang "Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen" in Yiddish! Apparently, the audience went completely nuts.

I am wondering if this version was ever recorded/released and if so does anyone on this list have a line on obtaining it? I would of course love an original but a CD copy would be great as well. I learned of the performance from an interview with Henry Sapoznik of the Yiddish Radio Project and he seemed to think it might actually exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Aaron Levinson