To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] National Recording Preservation Board (NRPB) Study

Dear All, I'd like to add one halfpennyworth to Tom Fine's comment. Here in Britain, the 78 versions incorporated "original" matrix-numbers, which now that both E.M.I and (UK) Decca have bitten the dust, provide the only way to date a commercial sound-recording. And because this side of the pond was about five years behind your side of the pond, that is a very significant tool. Peter Copeland Former Conservation Manager, British Library Sound Archive.