Re: [ARSCLIST] National Recording Preservation Board (NRPB) Study

On Tue, 16 May 2006, David Lennick wrote:

> I've done a compilation for Naxos Audio Books that should be released in the
> next couple of months, "Children's Favourites Volume II". Includes YPR's
> "Little Brass Band", The Weavers' "Train to the Zoo" (in a cleaner transfer
> than Bear Family managed to dredge up), Kleinsinger-Tripp's "The Story of
> Celeste", as well as a lot of concessions to popular taste (crap like "I
> Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas").

Was Naxos planning on issuing the YPR stuff in the US!!! If we get the
rights...we will sue...just kidding...well maybe...

> Alice in Orchestralia is worth doing one of these days, as is The Man who
> Invented Music (both by Don Gillis).

And let us not forget the other Gillis contributions...
Happy Jack the Squirrel
Herman, the Frog who sang at the MET
Peter Rabbit
The Night Before Christmas