Re: [ARSCLIST] Buttersprites [WAS: Bobby Blue Bland etc]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Visser" <visseral@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Hi Steve, it would be interesting to know how old you are, I mention this
as
> a person whose foundation particularly comes from the 60's,70's and 80's.
> would guess that fits a lot of people on this forum
>
> Regards
> alan

63.6...but custodian of a half-vast shellac archive, as well as an
occasionally-working blues musician. So, my "musical foundation"
comes from c.1895 to probably the eighties...but specifically
excludes things like music with no identifiable content (i.e.
Mantovani, 101 Strings, Muzak, usw...); music which is intended
to function as "art" in the contemporary sense (see under "Butter-
sprites"); music which is badly played (too numerous to mention);
music where "flash" is the main demonstrated quality (see above)...

I don't object to modern music per se...I just find that the
inevitable general tendency of music is in the direction of
less competence ("Why do I need to put forth any effort to
become a star?")...which, sadly, typifies the 21st century!

Will expound on this at your request...but also at your risk!