Re: [ARSCLIST] Buttersprites [WAS: Bobby Blue Bland etc]

The only good thing about the 21st century,is the internet,which as far as records is concerned,allows you to buy obscure/regional records,from all over the world,as well as access to information about same,that would otherwise be next to impossible to obtain.
  As X said "I liked it better before they voted for what's his name.This was supposed to be the new world." Otherwise "Moden Life Is Rubbish"(look it up.)

"Prentice, Will" <Will.Prentice@xxxxx> wrote: Steven C wrote:
"Since most of the folks at an ARSC gathering have experienced music of
the past, it is hard to imagine a vast amount of interest in the group,
which seems to be more of an artistic statement in the 21st century vein
than a musical statement."

C'mon Steven, is the 21st Century really so bad? I'm as passionate about
the music of the past as most here - I put out a CD a few years ago
consisting entirely of music recorded in 1909 - but a major strength of
ARSC is that it's a broad church.

One thing I particularly look forward to at ARSC conferences is meeting
people whose age, background, taste and expertise differ greatly from my
own and hearing them talk passionately about what they love. I'd be
surprised if the Buttersprites didn't go down a storm.

Regards

Will

Will Prentice
Technical Services
British Library Sound Archive    Tel: +44 (0)20-7412-7443
96 Euston Road                   Fax: +44 (0)20-7412-7416
London  NW1 2DB                  http://www.bl.uk
UK                               http://cadensa.bl.uk (online catalogue)

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster@xxxxx : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.