To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:44 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] monitoring headphones

Francesco Martinelli <fmartinelli@xxxxxx> wrote:
which model did you find more
suitable to monitor transfers from analog to digital and limited sound
cleaning (for listening purposes, not CD reissues).

Sony 7506s still seem to work pretty well these days. There is a fair amount of variation between sets (some are brighter than others) so it helps to have numerous pairs from which to choose, but 7506s still seem to work well for this purpose. You might also look at Audio Technica ATH-M40fs. Good frequency response, quite comfortable but subject to the same caveat as the 7506s. I find the 7506s more revealing.

FWIW,

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet