Re: [ARSCLIST] [78-l] Bobby Blue Bland in Seattle

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lewis" <davlew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Well, let me put my two cents in here and duck out with my hands guarding
my
> head -
>
> We really have a wonderful show to look forward to within the ARSC meet
> itself with Buttersprites. Some may look at it and say "well, this isn't
my
> kind of thing" but it is far more entertaining and accessible a
performance
> than one would expect from most contemporary acts. They were nominated for
> "best band in Seattle" by the Seattle Weekly Music Awards and played their
> showcase last Friday; the winner will be announced tomorrow. Even if they
> don't win, it's a credit to the local organizers that we engaged
> Buttersprites months ago when the heat on their spin was simmering rather
> than cooking as it is now.

These "Buttersprites" can be viewed...and heard...at:
http://www.buttersprites.com/
for those interested.

Since most of the folks at an ARSC gathering have experienced music of
the past, it is hard to imagine a vast amount of interest in the group,
which seems to be more of an artistic statement in the 21st century vein
than a musical statement. If you can imagine a (mostly) North American
group of women copying Japanese copies of punk rock...

Note in particular "Dog Food" which may have been intended to have a
point...?!

Then again, I may be reacting due to old memories of "Doggie In the
Window?" (The Buttersprites do more barking...)