Re: [ARSCLIST] New U.S. Copyright Laws

steven c wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Richter" <mrichter@xxxxxxx>

At some point, UCSB will realize that their posting of cylinders relies on rational interpretation of law. Given the recent finding by the New York Supreme Court, the 1923 'rule' does not apply.

Actually, there never WAS a "1923 'rule'" for sound recordings.

Of course you're right. That's why I used single quotes for the 'rule'. However, my inference from seeing what is and what is not offered in clips is that someone believed there was such a limitation. It is now unequivocal that there is none.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/