Re: [ARSCLIST] TY vs Mitsui

At 11:14 AM 4/26/2006, David Seubert wrote:
Does TY still make 74-minute discs? Last time I tried to order some I couldn't get them so I bought Verbatim, which where the only cyanine 74 minute discs that I could get. This was from a big CD-R vendor (I've forgotten their name right now) that is/was supposedly the largest Mitsui vendor.

What's the current thinking on 80 minute discs?

To be technical about it, they are outside of the standard. Many people use them. I keep some around, but the bulk of my work is done on 74-minute discs.

The archival gold discs are available in 74 minute
http://store.mam-a-store.com/standard---archive-gold.html
http://www.american-digital.com/prodsite/product.asp?p=1891&c=1990&name=MitsuiArchiveGoldSpindle

www.tape.com does NOT list them.

I wonder what this is - 80 minute "Preservation Disc" from Kodak
http://www.cddimensions.com/cd-r_media/kod-29150.asp
no other gold archive listing here.They have other gold, but all 80-minute
http://www.cddimensions.com/cd-r_media/

http://cdrdvdrmedia.com/cdr.html doesn't even list MAM-A and are showing 90-minute CD-Rs as "HOT"

Tape Restoration Seminar: MAY 9-12, 2006; details at Web site.