Re: [ARSCLIST] Vinyl use and access policies

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Schurk" <wschurk@xxxxxxxxx>
> Mr. Bill sez:
>   135,000+ 78's, many many many  thousand CD's, cassette-onlys awaiting to
transfer to CD (THAT has to be done!), 8-tracks, soundsheets, the wierd,
etc.  We sent all of our cylinders to UC Santa Barbara for good.
> And we have about 20 4-drawer file units of bios, publicity photos, and
whatever related to particular artists and groups.
> steven c <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

135,000! That's over three times the size of my half-vast shellac archive,
and I thought I had a huge collection! Hey, if all else fails, I don't
expect to live forever (or even close, being 63.5) and will have to find
a home for my hoard/horde upon my inevitable demise!

BTW, I still have...and use...Volume 6 of your discography project,
which I was given (quite possibly by yourself) back when ARSC met at
BGSU. As I recall, this was the only volume that ever actually "saw
the light of day," right?

Also, perhaps the two of us (plural "us" in your case, referring
to the institution) could put a discoid equivalent to UCSB's web-
accessible cylinder archive. Unless the US forces Canada to change
to the quasi-eternal term for sound-recording copyrights, every
North American 78 will be p.d. here in Canada by the end of 2009
(there may be a very few that will require until the end of 2010)...

Steven C. Barr
Oshawa, Ont'o., Canada