[ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] RCA symphonic work competitio...

  Rhapsody in Blue might be the flip. I don't remember whether I have a copy,
so I'd have to look it up. That sounds right.

  The Victor "Program Transcriptions" are nice artifacts, historical
mementoes of the recording industry, and so fun to have -- for me. I've always taken
them when I've found them. But most don't sound good because they're dubbings
and I'm not interested in listening to them either.

  Don Tait
Flip of Rhapsody in Blue, wasn't it? I avoid all those dubs anyway.

dl

Don Tait wrote:

Yes, there was an early LP version -- Victor 24000.

Don Tait

I just rememberd that this was issued on a Victor Program Transcription disc. 10 inch , If
memory serves? Don't know if there was a special sleeve for this one or not.

Bob Hodge

 Robert Hodge,
 Senior Engineer
 Belfer Audio Archive
 Syracuse University
 222 Waverly Ave .
 Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

 315-443- 7971
 FAX-315-443-4866

 >>> smolians@xxxxxxxxx 4/17/2006 6:17 PM >>>
 There was an insert and special sleeve for this record.  A copy is at the
 Johnson Victorla Muesum, Dover, DE.

It is also still Victor, not yet RCA.

Steve Smolian