Re: [ARSCLIST] Poor sounding concert halls.

Rod Stephens wrote:
>Actually, in the old studio system, actors and musicians were (and are)
>both paid happily quite well, but that only came about when they became
>unionized.  Before the unions, the studios almost owned the talent with
>very tight controls on what they could and couldn't do, what they were
>paid and what hours (many twelve or more hour days) they worked .

I was never in a union however the decline of recording engineers being in unions led to a 50% drop in our average wages. If you calculate inflation in, that figure becomes a drop of 90%! I don't buy that the union engineers of the 1950s and '60s were overpaid and the quality of their work certainly speaks for its self.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com