Re: [ARSCLIST] New CD Report NIST

Bob Conrad wrote:
Okay, this has just become my number one pet peeve.

This message was just delivered to my e-mail inbox, but was hidden all the way back in my saved messages because for some reason the date on this "new" message is 12/15/2004.

If this truly is a new message, then could everyone here do all of us a favor and fix the date on your computer to the correct current date? Or has one of us discovered the secret to time traveling? If so, I can't imagine why anyone would want to go back to 2004!

But, if for some reason this message has been held up in oblivion for 1 1/2 years, then would it be asking too much to have the list manager put today's current date on the message before releasing it and sending it to the group?

There's nothing worse than having to spend 20 minutes going back through years of saved e-mail messages in order to find some newly-delivered message.

BC

Mike Richter wrote:

I just received it as well. While I cannot attest to the date, I can assure you that
a) it is ancient (by Internet standards)
and
b) my computer clock is accurate and has been since well before the date of that message.

I do not believe that the listowner or anyone else can interfere with the process of timestamping - or with the vagaries of list servers in holding and disgorging messages.

Looking at full headers, it is clear that it was received by ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx on the day sent, but was spooled at LOC for over a year, when it was moved from one queue into another and eventually drifted out:

sun8.loc.gov with ESMTP id iBFN2HZD007801 for <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>; Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:02:18 -0500 (EST)

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/