[ARSCLIST] Valéry Gergiev

I am looking for completed documentaries (video or film) about the Russian conductor and opera company director, Valery Gergiev (born 1953). He is general director of the Mariinsky Theatre and also associated with the Metropolitan Opera, the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra, and the London Symphony Orchestra.

He became chief conductor and artistic director of the Mariinsky in 1988. In 1995 he became principal conductor of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra, and in 1997, principal guest conductor of the Metropolitan Opera in New York City. Gergiev has also been a consistent supporter of peace in the Caucasus, particularly in the conflict between the Georgian central government and South Ossetia.

I am interested in film or video docs (or TV news / magazine coverage) that have interviews, biography material, rehearsal coverage - not filmed performances of Gergiev conducting. Any leads on collections with such coverage most appreciated.

(By the way, I am already aware of the 60 minutes segment and of the film Valéry Gergiev : in rehearsal & performance. 1997 Chatsworth, CA : Image Entertainment, c2001, c1997)

Many thanks and feel free to contact me off-list. I am interested in purchasing copies of these documentaries.

(apologies to those who also received this on the AMIA-L.)

Lewanne Jones
Autonomedia
PO Box 568
Brooklyn, NY 11211
T: 718.387.6471  F: 718.963.2603 Cell: 347-249-0653
Visit our website and online bookstore at http://www.autonomedia.org