Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] The waltz (was Which U.S. orchestra recorded first and Arthur...

> What I had never learned,was who  produced/engineered the
> RCA classical recordings in the pre-Lp era ?

<http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B03E7D71738F930A15757C0A965948260>

FRED A. LYNCH

Published: April 23, 1983

Fred A. Lynch, an early technician in the recording industry, died April
15 at a nursing home in Pleasantville, N.J. He was 93 years old and had
been a longtime resident of Surf City, N.J.

In more than 40 years with RCA Victor, he served as recording engineer
on albums by Serge Koussevitzky and the Boston Symphony Orchestra and
Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops, among others.

He is survived by a son, John Lynch of Ridgewood, N.J.; three daughters,
Agnes Kelliher of Malden, Mass.; Nancy McCormick of Surf City and Helen
Ulrich of Englewood, N.J.; 11 grandchildren, and six
great-grandchildren.

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther