Re: [ARSCLIST] The waltz (was Which U.S. orchestra recorded first and Arthur Fiedler)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Miller" <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> So probably what we really need to do is save several recorded
> performances of that same chart so that future historians will know that
> it was never exactly the same each time.

Which then omits the many, many live performances, which may or may
not have followed the charts...as well, it is probable the same chart
was used, with only the improvisation differing!

What we probably should do is what I did with my own blues band for
a couple of years...I used inexpensive mikes feeding a Sony cassette
deck to use each evening's show (at the time, it was mainly to see
where I had made mistakes, and see what had worked and hadn't)...!

> A friend of mine used to remark..."why do people think I am nuts just
> because I have over 40 different recordings of Traviata in my collection."

All by the same performer(s), though...?