Re: [ARSCLIST] CLIR document/ Leader

Hi, David,

I have seen Maxell laminate to 3M plastic leader and rip the first turn off. Thank goodness for safety masters.

Hi, Richard,

I see a lot of tapes that were recorded on "small" machines and generally have to add leader to get them to play on the pro machines with wider-spaced reels. I've been adding paper leader, but leaving as much tape as possible. Usually the tape has a complete wrap on itself (not leader) before the program starts. I figure if I've already added it, why should I remove it. Besides, on at least one end, it's in the middle of the reel.

Cheers,

Richard (H)