Re: [ARSCLIST] Which US Orchestra Recorded First ?

I have not seen your article yet,but I am assuming,you have uncovered  the identities,of the orchestras,on many pre-1916 recordings.If I am  not mistaken,the first identified US orchestras ,were The New York  Philharmonic,and Metropolitan Opera Orchestras,on Columbia,predating  the Mucks on Victor,by a few  months.In looking through my own  records,the earliest symphonic records I found,were,an early Columbia  Double Disc 1911,I think (Although this may be a European  recording.),by Felix Weingartner,and an  unknown orchestra.And  some pre-1916 recordings by The Victor Concert Orchestra (Shilkret  ?),with excerpts from  symphonies. My question is would The VCO  count as a "real" orchestra?