Re: [ARSCLIST] Help Purchasing a Microcassette

At 07:59 PM 3/25/2006, steven c wrote:
Question...

Does this assume:

1) Law Enforcement Agencies (real ones, not ones on TV shows) use
microcassette recorders for wiretaps?

2) LEA's sneak into dens of criminality and hide microcassette
recorders in heat vents, under beds and so on...and can then
sneak in again to recover them?

3) Criminals thoughtfully record all their devious plans using
microcassette recorders?

Seems like either the LEA's or the criminals, or both, should
be upgrading their hardware?

:-)

Smile indeed!

Microcassettes happen. Not anyone's first choice, they just happen. So do ultra-compressed digi-pens which might be worse. If it's out there, it gets used. Then someone has to deal with it later.

That's why I'm soooooo in favour of common file formats on IT hardware. After we all transfer all the stuff that needs transferring we shouldn't be creating more jobs for people like me. There's enough to last me my lifetime, but we should really be better organized.

Cheers,

Richard

Steven C. Barr

Tape Restoration Seminar: MAY 9-12, 2006; details at Web site.