Re: [ARSCLIST] cleaning laquer LPs

Most do have a little alcohol to help remove the mold release compound. I use pure alcohol on LPs all the time to no detriment (as far as I can tell with my eyes and ears).
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] cleaning laquer LPs

Thanks guys. If I start with an empty tank on the VPI, do you think I'd do OK with a mixture of Ivory liquid and distilled water? I'd think I want highly dillute soap but a little bit to cause soaping action in the grooves.

The regular VPI fluid has isoprop, right? So it shouldn't be used?

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>