From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Olhsson
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 5:28 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Editing and splicing

>What did you find out about the blind testing for audio codecs?

Basically that you've got to have some means of efficiently teaching
people precisely what artifacts to listen for. Otherwise the imagination
goes wild and you are almost certain to wind up with a statistical null
over any practical amount of testing time. Once people learn, amazingly
subtle things turn out to be audible.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix Evaluation and Quality Control Over 40