Re: [ARSCLIST] Mystery singer -- who is this lady?

I like the bio by Tyrone..probably more accurate than most Wackypedia entries,
except for the "Name That Time" reference. Incidentally, "Beulah" started on
television in 1950, so you can make what you want of Leslie Uggams or Crayne
appearing in it (she's not listed in any of my radio or TV encyclopedias).

Leslie Uggams

At six Leslie Uggams appeared on the television show "Beulah." By the time she
was seven, Leslie was appearing at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem, New York. At
fifteen she appeared on the TV series "Name That Time." Mitch Miller, head of
recordings for Columbia Records liked her voice very much. He gave her a
contract and gave her a job on the show "Sing Along with Mitch." She was in
many TV shows, on Broadway and in the movies. She is famous for her singing.

2000, by Tyrone, third grade

http://www2.lhric.org/pocantico/womenenc/uggams.htm

dl