Re: [ARSCLIST] Mystery singer -- who is this lady?

Interesting possibility. Not seen on websites, but there is a listing of her singing it on an MGM EP 45...

Leslie Uggams. Now here is a "talent" that had completely slipped my memory. Appropriately, if you ask me. Imagine a female, black Jack Jones... Gee, I thought I'd forgotten him too! Pardon if they are anyone's faves!

Richard, if you can post the other songs from the tape we can probabnly make an ID - as it is we are obviously guessing in the dark. Songlist please, just for curiosity?

I have in my archives a simple voice and guitar demo of an otherwise unknown singer I did in the early 70s who is fully as good and this woman, but did not have the orchestra, tacky arrangementa, or studio budget as this one. Yet there is a song on that tape that I will never forget, that transports me to a gorgeous vision of greek antiquity unknown in this lifetime... There are so many talented people who lived in obscurity all their lives, that this mystery is so tasty if it can be solved. Possibly mo one has ever heard of her since the session happened... Thanks for the tease if we never solve it!

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689