Re: [ARSCLIST] Mystery singer -- who is this lady?

It sounds like Kay Starr to me.

Angie Dickinson Mickle
Avocado Productions
Arvada, CO
www.avocadoproductions.com

Bewley, Nigel wrote:
I wondered if it was Kay Starr.  She recorded it in 1960 for Capitol
with an orchestra conducted by Van Alexander. Peggy Lee recorded C'est
Magnifique with Jack Marshall and His Orchestra also in 1960. The
original issue, in the States, was Capitol ST1290.  I agree that the
singer on the MP3 is not French, and probably American.

We Brits make a pretty good apple pie too....! (Well some of us,
anyway).

Greetings from a drizzly London.

Nigel
British Library Sound Archive