[ARSCLIST] Archive in Colombia

Hello to all:

I am a Ph.D. candidate in Ethnomusicology, working on my doctoral research in Afro-Colombian music. I've recently been hired by the Colombian Ministry of Culture to help them put together an archive of Afro-Colombain cultural expressions, of which music is a big part. As a total novice to the world of music archiving (aside from being using them), I am wondering what kinds of grants and funding and equipment for digitalization are out there.

In a less technical sense, I am wondering what the experiences of members of this list have been with the particular issues relevent to archiving in the "Third World," less along the lines of humidity and technical concerns, and more along the lines of intellectual property, royalties, etc.

I apologizefor the basic and broad questions, but would great appreciate any help you could offer, on or off list.

Thanks,

Michael Birenbaum Quintero
Ph.D. Candidate (ABD), Ethnomusicology, New York University
Ministerio de Cultura Colombiana