Re: [ARSCLIST] The Future of RECORD Collecting - an interesting documentary

Phil Hit my point right on the head. As I said these are not Rappers. And  as
for tape. There is a guy there that made mixtapes using some reel to real
tape. As I said, it's worth renting as it's well done and I'll await others
comments on the "stash of vinyl" in the basement which contains a few 100,000
vinyl LPs.

Just like watching "March of the Penguins" to learn more about them and
their environment, watching "Scratch" will show you an interesting subculture,
who may well keep the vinyl record alive.

Oh yes, as I understand it, the needles are made for scratching. Radio
stations used to "scratch" the intros to cue up a 45. I learned the hard way at
home that this didn't work with consumer turntables!

There's also a film titled "Vinyl" but I haven't seen it yet.

Steve