[ARSCLIST] Fw: Bowed Bass on 78's

from a listener.  I couldn't view the cites (sites);  maybe you'll have
better luck.
Dick

----- Forwarded by Dick Spottswood/dick/AmericanU on 03/05/2006 02:44 PM
-----

dwsanderson685@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/05/2006 01:44 PM
Please respond to
dwsanderson685@xxxxxxxxxxxx

dick@xxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Bowed Bass on 78's

From: dwsanderson685@xxxxxxxxxxxx( David Sanderson )

To: dick@xxxxxxxx ( The Dick Spottswood Show )

Subject: Bowed Bass on 78's

Message: Hi - I'm finally getting around to responding to your comments on
bowed bass on early recordings, from your show several weeks ago.  I have
done considerable work on Mellie Dunham, famous in the mid-20's, and will
direct you to his Victor sides, made in early 1926, fiddle/piano/bowed
bass w/calls.  Go to my Web pages:
http://www.dwsanderson.com/mellie_dunham.htmland scroll down for sound
files of the recordings.  The best bass is on "Rippling Waves," Mellie's
great waltz.  This is early electric recording, as you know, and may fit
in with the developments you were talking about on the radio.  For my
publication about Dunham and his career, go to:
http://www.dwsanderson.com/dunhambooklet_cover.htmThis will give you
details.  The bassist/caller was Nathan Noble, Dunham's son-in-law; the
pianist was Nate's daughter, Cherry, one of nine grandchildren.  I will
recommend to you the descriptions of Dunham's Keith vaudeville
performances in my biography, remarkable eyewitness!
  accounts of a 72-year-old Maine farmer who had never performed on stage,
and proceeded to stop the show at the biggest Keith houses in the
country.David SandersonEast Waterford,
Mainedwsanderson685@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://www.dwsanderson.com

Available debug info follows:

Remote address: 24.53.116.74