Re: [ARSCLIST] American Recording Society&Orchestra of America

Check with David Hamilton who knows how many of these tentacles attach to the main Schwann body. He's on this list (are you there, David? und Hello?)

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 3:19 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] American Recording Society&Orchestra of America

Perhaps one of you on the list might have some personal knowledge. I am
trying to track down the master tapes for the records issued by the
American Recording Society. They feature performances (some good and some
not so good) of works like Symphonies by Harris, Piston, Thompson and
other orchestral music by American composers. The conductors included Dean
Dixon, Walter Hendl, et al. Some of the recordings were reissued on Desto
and a few made their way to the label Bay Cities.

I am also curious about the tapes of the Orchestra of America. I have a
vague recollection that a set of the tapes of their concert performances
was being circulated to libraries with the permission to dub the
performances. I recall that the organization made no claim to the rights for
those performances...but that just might be either my imagination or the
clouded thinking that comes from growing older.

Feel free to respond to me directly. Any information, would be most
welcome.

Thanks.

Karl

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 268.1.1/272 - Release Date: 3/1/2006