Re: [ARSCLIST] Th Future of Collecting

In a message dated 2/25/2006 6:03:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I feel sorry for whoever has to deal with my accumulation when I'm gone, but
it ain't gonna be my problem

No need to feel sorry. There are people who make a good living filling and
hauling away dumpsters of stuff like that. http://www.1800gotjunk.com/index.asp

The people I feel sorry for are the ones who go to great pains to donate
their collections to museums or institutions that they think will preserve and
care for them.  I've seen people's life work end up in the trash after they
hauled it across the continent just to get it to the museum.

I suppose it's OK if it lets them die happy, but it seems that there should
be a better way. Ebay may be the best we have for now.

Mike Csontos