Re: [ARSCLIST] And now for something completely different...

At 01:02 PM 2/23/2006, Marie O'Connell wrote:
I have been asked by my boss if there is a 'preferred' Flash Memory Card for
digital recordings.  Any tips would be great.  Thanks in advance.

Hi, Marie,

Well, this is a new field for us in audio land, but it is well-discussed in digital photography arenas.

Digital photography is no more immune to rumour and innuendo than audio, and a fair amount of FUD floats around there, too.

With that said, I have both Lexar and Sandisk cards which have performed flawlessly. A discussion thread on the Canon digital board seemed to favour Sandisk over Lexar. A discussion on the Nikon digital board also said that Kingston was excellent for less.

Before making a huge investment, I think trying out the card in the intended device is a good choice.

What devices are you selecting that use the CF cards?

Cheers,

Richard

Tape Restoration Seminar: MAY 9-12, 2006; details at Web site.