Re: [ARSCLIST] Glenn Gould, was Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli

A couple of my favorite Michelangeli recordings are:

the Galuppi sonata on London, a record that also contains the Beethoven Sonata No. 32.

Ravel Concerto in G and the Rachmaninoff Concerto No. 4, which is considered by many the best recordings of these works. You can make up your own mind, as well you should.

Bach Chaconne in the Busoni arrangement which was included on "L'Arte de Michelangeli" on Odeon records. I believe that there are a couple of recordings by Michelangeli of this work but the one I know is this fabulous early recital.

Eric Goldberg