Re: [ARSCLIST] Cassette obsolescence

Somehow I don't think people have the same affinity towards cassettes as
they do for vinyl so I'm not sure if good cassette decks will be as
available as turntables - I hope I'm wrong as I'm very fond of the old
cassette - amazing what they're capable of producing considering how narrow
the tape width is.

It would probably pay to identify which cassettes are most at risk
particulary if you have a variety of stock.  Last year, I can came across an
awful brand from the 70's called "Klarion" - some which even after baking
did not play particularly well.  Moreover, the adhesive on all the splices
had not withstood the tests of time.

cheers
Geeta Jatania
Preservation Officer - Audio