Re: [ARSCLIST] Best Primers on Sound

On 07/02/06, Lucas, Brad wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I was hoping to draw on the collective knowledge of this list and see
> what sort of reading material you'd suggest for students who want to
> do independent study in sound, digital sound files, and recording. Any
> help would be appreciated, on or off list.

"Sound On Sound" magazine (you can get back issues on CD)
"Mastering Audio" by Katz
"The Art of Digital Audio" by Watkinson

They would need other books if they want to understand microphone usage,
or MIDI, or sequencing and dance music composition. But there are many
good articles in SoS.

Regards
--
Don Cox