[ARSCLIST] Gloria date

Original message: Can anyone here help me date a German record?

The recording is on the Gloria label, manufactured by
Carl Linsdstrom AG.

The recording is:

"Amina - Serenade Egyptianne"
Paul Lincke And His Symphony Orchestra

Catalog number GO-10543b
Matrix number Be81022"

The matrix is not Be81022 but Be8102-2 (i.e. take 2)

"Apparently the matrix number is of the same series
which was also used on Lindstrom's Odeon label.  If
anyone can tell me whether or not the recording was
also issued on Odeon or other labels, I would be
interested in knowing that as well."

Presumably Odeon O-11298a

"My primary
interest, however, is in dating the recording."

Berlin, 28 March 1929

Thanks,

Dismuke

Dr Rainer E. Lotz
c/o Birgit-Lotz-Verlag
Jean Paul Str.6, 53173 Bonn, Germany
Tel: 0049-228-352808
Fax: 0049-228-365142
Web: http://www.lotz-verlag.de

Please note: Our Spam filter eliminates all mails which are not specific in the subject header about what the content of your email is.
Bitte beachten: Unser Spamfilter entsorgt alle Mails, deren Bezugszeile nicht den Inhalt eindeutig beschreibt.