Re: [ARSCLIST] DAT libraries and issues

Not a big deal, but I'm pretty sure the name of the gentleman at Pro
Digital is Paul Plotnick.  I've never used him myself, but as you say, he
comes highly recommended by the DAT taping/hobbyist community.

You could also try the Oade (pronounced Oh'-dee) brothers in Thomasville,
GA - http://www.oade.com.  I'm not sure if they're doing much with DAT
repair these days, but I had them do several mods on portable DAT machines
over the years.

Also, FWIW, I have had the best luck with the Tascam DA-20 MKII when I get
a tape that won't play/track properly in other machines.

Oddly, the more expensive Tascam machines (DA-30, DA-40) have been very
sensitive and temperamental, but the DA-20 has performed very well on tapes
that are beginning to deteriorate.

dave nolan
92nd St. Y
nyc