Re: [ARSCLIST] Scopes Trial Sound Recordings

Off-the-air recording did exist at the time, but it was either experimental or used
for really important speeches, samples of which have been pressed and preserved and
even issued commercially in a few rare instances. But the radio network as such was
a couple of years in the future, except for the odd one-time hookups, and an entire
trial or even the news reports from same (if there were such things..newspapers
didn't want their stuff broadcast and went to great lengths to keep the radio
freeloaders from using it) would have been too much to record and there wouldn't
have been much interest in preserving it, when newspapers would serve the purpose.

An Edison Dictation machine wouldn't be anachronistic, I suppose, but I can't think
of any reason there'd have been one in the courtroom.

dl