[ARSCLIST] Fw: [78-l] Scandinavian - American discography project

Perhaps someone here knows?

From: <zimrec@xxxxxxxx>
To: <78-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 7:59 PM
Subject: [78-l] Scandinavian - American discography project

> Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 09:07:40 +0100
> From: terje.haugland@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [78-l] Scandinavian - American discography project
>
> Hi all,
> I am currently trying to document the recordings made by
> two small Scandinavian-American labels, Harmony Music and
> Tone-Art. Both were active in the 40's and the 50's.
> Harmony Music was from Berkeley, California and had a
> yellow and blue label. Tone-Art was from New York and had
> mainly a red and silver label, though sometines white and
> blue or white and green. Both labels mainly recorded
> Scandinavian or Scandinavian-American artists, and the
> records were probably mainly ment for Scandinavian
> immigrants.
>
> If any of you have such records, your contribution would
> be much appreciated. I need virtually all information on
> labels; serial #, artists, accompanying orchestras, titles
> (including songwriters when given) and matrix numbers. Any
> information about these labels, or pointers to where I can
> obtain such information, will also be very helpful, as I
> know very little about them. You may contact me off list.
>
> Terje Haugland

> I tried looking on the web site of Bowling Green State University
library - http://maurice.bgsu.edu/search/ - but I'm not sure how to access a
label name.  You might try emailing the archivist, Bill Schurk.  The music
library there has a rather large collection of 78s, including many ethnic
discs.

> In my personal stock, I have several 78s on the Scandinavia label and one
on Cordion.  Both labels were issued by Scandinavian Music House in New York
in the mid-1940s.  I don't know if those would be of interest to you. If so,
you can contact me off list.