Re: [ARSCLIST] On site CD duplication

There is this:

http://www.microboards.com/new/article.php/20050706093025116

which switched from one deck to the other automatically. I have done lots of this with cassettes and have friends and associates who do it with CDs now.... But though realtime CD recording is efficient, one bump on the recorder and your disc is spoiled, so always use at least two! I try not to do realtime CD burning due to this fragility, but this unit will do the multiple disc run nicely.

One good way to do it is with the new generation of Compact Flash recorders; using two of them, you begin the second one recording, stop the first, pull the CF card and slip it into a reader on the Mac, and burn your CD fron there (this can happen quite quickly) to go in the duplicator. If you pre-print the CD blanks it can be quite professional... and then you have it in the Mac for later processing.

Recording to the iBook with Mbox will not allow you to work with the files until you stop recording. But PT can do WAV and AIFF, and can export MP3 if needed.

Aks if these leaves you with more questions!

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689