To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 11:11 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Reissues II--was: Vinegar syndrome audio tapes [ARSCLIST] Memorex CDs and more

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Now, why should this PRIVATE property ever fall into anyone's hands for
free? I think that's
wrong.
Because that may be the only way it will ever be heard again, beyond
the handful of 78 collectors that own an original!
HOWEVER, I also think it's very wrong to keep content locked up in
megaglomerates' vaults
with no intent of ever letting it be heard again. What I seek is a middle
ground, as I said in my
message regarding Bob's posting.

Well, any middle ground would have to be (in the US, and world-wide
if industry can get the changes) a concession on the part of the
record industry...and they have shown very little interest in
conceding anything!

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/