Re: [ARSCLIST] CD writing speed

We've burned a lot of different brands of media on our systems at different speeds in an unscientific test and run them through a Clover to test for errors. Almost without exception burning at 12x resulted in the fewest errors. Others I've talked to have anecdotally confirmed this, but this is just one system, one drive, etc.

David Seubert
UCSB

Jos Van Dyck wrote:

Tom Fine wrote:

I use Plextor dirves and have them set to use the fastest optimum speed.

How do you know the "optimum speed" for a given media and drive?

Jos