Re: [ARSCLIST] Raucheisen collection

cd-lp-dvd.de has it for 90 euros, i just checked.

Erik

At 10:52 AM 1/19/2006, you wrote:
Thomas Stern wrote:
Just received the new issue of the Michael Raucheisen collection - 66 cd's of the WWII German lieder recordings.

There is a WWW site with their catalogue at http://www.membran.net/

I have dealt with Zweitausendeins in the past, including for the sets of "Great Voices of the Opera". Those proved to be fair transfers in minimal packaging; only the price was right, but they still offer a sort of overview. Clicking on the Zweitausendeins link informs us that the Raucheisen set is in archival format (ADD 24 Bit/96 kHz SACD), so may be superior for audio.

My complaint is that the opera selections are more catalogues of the recordings than any sort of archiving and as such should not be in CD form. On CD-ROM or DVD-ROM, they would offer cross-indexing by artist, date and other parameters as well as containing all 66 CDs on one or two discs. Similarly, the Raucheisen material should be complemented by such a catalogue in which one could readily find the disc and track one is seeking.

Unfortunately, it appears that Zweitausendeins does not yet offer purchasing from the WWW. Rhenania does, so I shall be ordering from them. (CD-LP-DVD.de does not have the Raucheisen set catalogued. JPC has it, but at a 20% premium.)

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/