Re: [ARSCLIST] Supplier for 5" audio reel boxes

Hi Kate,

Here's what I found when I researched the same issue for our institution:

5-inch Reel-to-Reel Tapes
-- University Products -- Archival Suppliers (Item in catalog but not on
Web): Item No. 799-6060. Unbuffered (pH neutral) lignin-free board with a
low-dust surface. Each box holds one reel. List price per item: $4.45.

Also, some library suppliers can sell you a 7-inch box and a device for
centering smaller reels inside the box. I forget which ones, though.

I can't vouch for the quality of the boxes because we ended up not
ordering the item.

Hope this helps.

-- George

> Can someone point me towards a supplier of lignin-free storage boxes for
> 5" reels? I'm only coming across boxes for 7" reels.
>
> Many thanks - Kate
>
> --
> Kate Murray
> AV Media Collections Conservator