Re: [ARSCLIST] Storage of Acetate Magnetic Media

At 02:05 PM 1/14/2006, Rod Stephens wrote:
This subject discussion has prompted me to ask this. There is a current practice by some of the eBay vendors of vintage prerecorded reel to reel tapes. They are putting the outer boxes in plastic bags as an additional protection. Are they doing me a favor in doing so, or should I dump this outer protective plastic.

Rod,

With the cardboard inside the plastic bag, my hypothesis is that it can do its buffering in there and that's better than the bag inside the box with just the reel in it. But, I'm not sure it's a good idea either way for long-term storage. I think for shipping it's a good idea.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/