Re: [ARSCLIST] Mylar clarification (duh!)

Oops, my bad...not paying attention to my editing!

As Lou points out, Mylar is the trade name for DuPont polyester base, which can indeed can be baked if needed.

I only pointed out the acetate issue becuase we have encountered some acetate base tapes which may at first glance exhibit the same signs as SSS, but in fact usually have a different set of problems.

--Scott D. Smith

Lou Judson wrote:

Advice for novices? Acetate and mylar (polyester) are completely different! Someone better fill in the details...

And I'venever seen any acetate that needed baking anyway...

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689