From: "Casey, Michael T" <micasey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Risk assessment tool

Many thanks for the responses so far. To clarify question number 3 I'll
restate it:

3. If you had to choose between preservation transfer of an sss tape or
a curling acetate-based tape or an audio cassette from the 1970s, which
would you choose and why? Assume that the content is different on each
but each has been rated as equivalent in value. Assume also that you are
conducting a visual survey of your collection and you have no further
information on the individual recording. Therefore, your choice is based
solely on what is known about how the format itself deteriorates and the
risk that it represents.

Thanks
Mike

Mike Casey
Associate Director for Recording Services
Archives of Traditional Music
Indiana University

(812) 855-8090
micasey@xxxxxxxxxxx