Re: [ARSCLIST] {ARSCLIST] Pirated Mengelberg 78s

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
> Don Tait <Dontaitchicago@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I do remember a few Montgomery Ward or other bootlegs that credited Leo
> Blech and Erich Kleiber, as I think David said. However, not only were the
> credited orchestras fictitious, such as "Hungarian State Philharmonic" (I
think),
> but I seem to recall that they might have been conducted by others such as
Hans
> Schmidt-Isserstedt, who made a considerable number of Telefunken 78s. And
> also recall one credited to Schneevoigt, but not perhaps not George. More
Obie
> and others' duplicity. Sorry I can't remember more. I guess I should have
kept
> the records after all to explore it. We should get Ernst Lumpe interested
in this!
>   Don  Tait
The only Monkey Wards label 78s I know of are thier 1930s pressings of  RCA
releases.Two years ago,I found my first classical titles,both being  of
fairly obcure HMVs.      Roger

In the latter years of the MW label, they also had records pressed
by Obie's operations...both 10" pop (usually from Varsity, Hit, etc.)
and 12" classical (with a red label!). I have about half-a-dozen
of the latter.