Re: [ARSCLIST] message board vs. listserv

Gentleman / Ladies,

	I for one consider the information, insights, and recollections
that appear here valuable and rare enough that they are worth my time to
dig for, regardless of the format it appears in. I am used to the
current list, and have set up auto sorting and archiving in my email
software to assist in that. Were it to change to a message board format
or whatever other format desired by the masses, I'd still find a way to
read, sort, and archive it. As an example, I had little interest in
record shops of old prior to actually reading the posts about them, but
surprisingly (to me) I found out about kind of a 'sub-culture' I
previously had no knowledge or appreciation of. For me at least, some
gems can only be searched out by my own eyes, not search engines,
titles, or key words. The time spent is worth it, even though I hardly
have anything I could call 'spare' time.....

What is the value of knowledge and perspective, after all, if not some
of your time?

Scott Phillips